Mon, Jan 29|
FREE Covid-19 Test Kit
FREE COVID - 19 Test Kits available at Brielle Library Lobby between 10AM -12PM - Compliments of Jersey Shore Regional Health Commission, www.mcrhc.org
Time & Location
Jan 29, 2024, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Brielle, 610 South St, Brielle, NJ 08730, USA
About the Event
Pick up an extra kit to keep in your home when needed!
How has COVID-19 changed respiratory disease season?
- Stay home when sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your shirt sleeve, not your hands
- Wash your hands often
Everyday Prevention Measures
- Avoid touching face with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with others
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs and mobile devices
COVID-19 & RESPIRATORY ILLNESSES
- Prior to COVID-19: many hospitalizations due to respiratory illnesses cause by flu and RSV.
- 2020-2021 and 2021-2022: flu and RSV were significantly lower than usual.
- Now, we are seeing COVID-19, flu, and RSV all being spread simultaneously and at high levels.
Key Times to Test:
- If you are only going to take a single test, a PCR test will provide a more reliable negative test result.
- If you use an antigen test, a positive result is reliable, but a negative test is not always accurate.
- If your antigen test is negative, take another antigen test after 48 hours or take a PCR test as soon as you can.
There are effective vaccines and antiviral treatments for COVID-19 and flu and immunizations for RSV along with other simple ways to protect yourself and loved ones from COVID-19, Flu, and RSV.