Thu, Sep 28|
"ACT" for a More Meaningful Life
Reduce self doubt or over committing. A free presentation designed for Teens + Adults. Presented by The Samaritan Center
Time & Location
Sep 28, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Brielle, 610 South St, Brielle, NJ 08730, USA
About the Event
About the Program: Learn about Acceptance and Commitment (Therapy) "ACT"
Maximize human potential for a rich, full and meaningful life.
This presentation is for you if:
- You want to live more mindfully and create more meaning in your life;
- You’re a perfectionist who can’t say no;
- You find self-doubt creeping into your day-to-day life or when confronted with a new endeavor;
- Your life feels out of balance and you’re not spending enough time on the things you truly value.
At the end of this 45 Minute presentation, participants will:
- Have a general understanding of the 6 Core Processes of ACT and how it can maximize one’s potential for living a rich, full and meaningful life.
- Understand the significance of pro-actively addressing our mental health in order to maximize our overall health, happiness and well-being.
About Maggie Moran, Facilitator
Maggie Moran, MSW, LCSW has 12 years of experience working as a Senior Eating Disorders therapist at Penn Medicine, Princeton Medical Center, as well as at the Samaritan Center treating a variety of mental health issues. Maggie created ACT, The Workshop, by studying the work of Dr. Steven C. Hayes, Clinical Psychologist, compiling the most powerful concepts and tools garnered through her experience as a therapist, as well as striving to overcome obstacles in her own life. Maggie’s goal is to share this wisdom with you.